The enlightening strategy — Connect with your people
Unlike its POC and MVP counterparts, the MLP isn’t just about functionality—it’s a love story between the product and its users. Here, the spotlight shines on crafting delightful, engaging experiences that aren’t just nice-to-haves but the very heart of the value proposition. An MLP ensures that your core features aren’t just placeholders but active participants in the user’s journey. They’re not just solving problems; they’re creating moments. It’s less about what the product does and more about how it makes users feel.
Who you are
You have a higher tolerance for potential initial imperfections as long as they serve the validation process. You’re willing to pivot based on facts and data.
User loyalty > growth
You prioritize your core users over trying to rapidly grow. You aim to build something that deeply connects with that target group.
You recognize that building a highly targeted and polished project comes with plenty of patience to get it right.
You’re highly in-tune with your core user base and understand them deeply. Probably because you’re one of them. You get their lingo, humor, and know what they’re drawn to.
The key do’s and don’ts of a succesfull MLP
- Include features or elements that go beyond solving problems and actively contribute to making the product lovable.
- Foster a sense of community around your product.
- Integrate personalization features that allow users to tailor their experience.
- Develop a compelling brand story that resonates with your target audience.
- Sacrifice core functionality for the sake of delight. While delight is important, ensure that the essential features that solve user problems remain robust and reliable.
- Neglect building and nurturing a community around your product. User engagement and advocacy play a crucial role in making a product lovable.
- Overpromise features or capabilities that may be difficult to deliver consistently.
Not sounding right?
If this doesn’t sound like you check out the other strategies we approach products with.
Start building a
comprehensive launch strategy
By using our consulting services