Who We Are
Goji Labs is an award-winning software development studio headquartered in Los Angeles. We love building software that helps startups and organizations propel their missions forward. We take on projects of varying complexity in the web, mobile, and IoT space. Our team is growing and we are looking for a key team member to help us create usable and beautiful products. We are also fully remote and have team members in North America and Europe.
About The Role
This Product Designer will lead the design life cycle for their products. They will partner with PMs, Developers, Product Designers, and clients to define requirements, plan and conduct research, identify problems, architect solutions, build design systems, create wireframes, and deliver beautiful and usable products.
- Facilitate workshops to uncover problems and understand users to define what we are solving, why, and for whom
- Conduct UX research, including user interviews, usability tests, surveys, competitive analyses, card sorts, literature reviews, UX audits, and heuristic evaluations
- Distill research findings into actionable next steps and constraints for design
- Explore solutions by architecting experiences using journey maps, story maps, site maps, flow diagrams, sketches, and low fidelity wireframes
- Create UX and UI deliverables by designing medium and high fidelity wireframes
- Establish visual design guidelines by exploring typography, colors, logos, imagery, illustrations, and iconography (not necessarily create from scratch)
- Prepare designs for handoff by creating robust and scalable atomic design systems, annotating wireframes, and supporting development requirements
- Get and iterate on feedback from clients directly while maintaining high levels of communication and realistic expectations
- Optimize internal processes including design, client management, project management, and development by identifying areas of improvement and proposing solutions
Keys to success
- Be comfortable with ambiguity. You will succeed if you are able to effectively digest information from clients, even when contradictory, distill what is truly important, and make thoughtful suggestions and adjustments.
- Be passionate about growth. You will succeed if you continuously look to improve your skills and level up the abilities of the team as a whole. We are big on giving and receiving feedback.
- Be thoughtful about defining and addressing problems. You will succeed if you dig deep to learn more about why problems exist and where their roots lie. We leverage research and workshops to dive into the problems we’re being asked to solve.
- Be practical with your solutions. You will succeed if you prioritize your tasks efficiently and know when it’s time for creativity versus when it’s time to deliver quickly.
Perks and Benefits
🌎 100% Remote
💸 Competitive salaries based on your location
🌴 Unlimited paid vacation
🏆 Annual bonus up to 5%
💊 Benefits Package including health, vision, and dental insurance plans (US only)
💰 401k match-up up to 4%
💻 $500 yearly home office stipend
❤️ $100 monthly HSA contribution
🤰🏻 Paid maternity and paternity leave
👋 An awesome team that is dedicated to your growth
- Resume and portfolio review
- 30 minute initial interview
- 60 minute portfolio presentation (panel)
- 30 minute culture fit interview (with CEO)