So, what is
iOS App Development?
iOS app development is the process of building mobile applications that run on Apple hardware—i.e., iPhones and iPads. These apps are accessible through the Apple App Store and written in the Swift or Objective-C programming languages.
How much does iOS App Development cost?
The cost of iOS app development is highly dependent on your app’s complexity as it applies to its technology stack, architecture, functionality, scalability, hosting, design, and user journey.
So, we always have an initial call to understand the budget, scope, and timeline of your project. Goji Labs’ projects typically range from $25,000 – $500,000.
Note: It is always better to build a smaller application, distilled with its core value-add functionalities, and “ice-box” the rest for later development. That way, you’re able to build a high-quality and sustainable MVP that will serve as a foundation for scaling and help your app gain traction and fund future iterations.
This is why we recommend prioritizing choosing the right technical partner, who is experienced and transparent—one that will build an MVP that primes you for future success.
How long does it take to develop an iOS App?
The timeline of developing an iOS app depends on the complexity and scope of the app. At Goji Labs, our projects typically range between 3 weeks and 5 months.
We structure our iOS app development process like this:
Discovery Workshop, 2 – 8 hours: we learn and align ourselves with your vision so that we can build a user-centered iOS app exactly to your expectations and your users’ needs.
Discovery, 1 – 2 weeks: assessing your product idea, business goals, industry competitors, and end-users.
Design, 1 – 8 weeks: a user-centered design process that begins with brand discovery team calls, user research, and then high-fidelity design, prototyping, and usability testing.
Development, 1 – 16 weeks: building pages to specs through module-based, parallel development of the front-end and back-end; weekly check-ins during which we update you on progress, get your screen-by-screen look, and functionality feedback.
QA testing, 1 – 2 weeks: comprehensive testing to ensure your iOS app performs and functions exactly as it should.
- We create a pixel-perfect blueprint of the application experience.
- We enable you to view data, gather insights and carry out helpdesk tasks.
Application & Server Codebases
- We establish your intellectual property, hosted on Github, BitBucket or GitLab.
App Store Submission
- We guide app submission & acceptance, and build out the App Store page.
How do I set up my iOS App on the App Store?
- Register as an Apple Developer by creating a developer account on the Apple Developer Site
- Join Apple’s Developer Program
- Set up your certificates, IDs, Profile, and Devices
- Use the Xcode program to plug in your iOS device and run your application
- Log into iTunes Connect
- Submit your app for review with XCode or on your own and wait for approval
- Deploy and distribute your app on the Apple App Store
How do I promote my
- Enable Apple App Store reviews
- Include beautiful screenshots that demonstrate functionality in your Apple App store listing
- Leverage the appropriate social networking marketing channels to connect with potential users (A/B testing of paid ads)
- Create a website and landing pages tailored to different pathways various user segments reach you
- Connect with influencers and press and media outlets, and publicize coupon codes and giveaways
- Invest in SEO and ASO, and use content marketing to your advantage
- Tailor freemium, trials, and paid versions to your user segments
Check out some of the stellar app reviews and results of our partner, PredictionStrike.